Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Field Service Trainee. The Field Service Trainee (FST) is responsible for developing the knowledge and expertise needed to move into a Field Service Representative (FSR) position and service the Sysmex product lines. The FST will undergo extensive training to prepare for open FSR positions as they become available. During the training period, which will last approximately 9 months, the FST will travel frequently throughout the U.S., when not attending formal training classes. Upon completion of the training program, the FST will be utilized to supplement existing territories, support emerging territories and other field needs for up to six months until they assume a permanent assignment in a U.S. service district. The FST is expected to move into an open Service Engineer (SE) position in a service district as they become available.
Essential Field Service Trainee Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Successfully complete all training to perform the duties of a Service Engineer (SE).
2. During training program, travel to various U.S. service districts to work with a mentor or assist with SE related tasks.
3. Upon successful completion of the training program, work as an SE in various service districts as needed for periods up to six months.
4. Travel during the training period may be up to 90% within the United States.
5. Accept an SE or related position after the successful completion of program.
6. Demonstrate the ability to perform SE duties and responsibilities after training.
Essential Service Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install, maintain, and repair Sysmex instruments and systems, including:
2. Monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled times.
3. Properly document all service related activities in a timely and professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense reports, and all other required records.
4. Perform duties within defined service standards, including but not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit repair rates.
5. Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing customer sites.
6. Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex Associates to ensure total customer resolution and maximize very satisfied customer base.
7. Miscellaneous duties include:
8. Promote effective, positive and productive communication and teamwork between all Sysmex personnel.
Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require alertness, but with minimal precautions.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical activity. Routine handling of objects 21 to 50 pounds; continuous (at least 80% of time) walking or inspections, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
For more information on our Field Service Trainee Program, please visit http://www.sysmexfieldservicetrainee.com/.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.